Forum La Guerre d'Indochine
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -21%
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, ...
Voir le deal
39.59 €

Liste des commandos en Indo

3 participants

Liste des commandos en Indo Empty Liste des commandos en Indo

Message  BKLX Mer 1 Mar - 9:07

Bonjour,

De retour sur le forum après quelques absences...
je suis à la recherche de la liste des commandos qui ont été créés en Indochine et si possible leur localisation (Nord Vietnam, Sud Vietnam, Annam et centre, Laos...
Je suis également intéressé par leurs unités de rattachement et pourquoi pas leur encadrement.
On trouve quelques infos sur le net mais rien de structuré... ça doit bien exister, non ?

Bonne journée et à bientôt

Bruno
BKLX
BKLX

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Liste des commandos en Indo Empty Re: Liste des commandos en Indo

Message  lr Dim 5 Mar - 17:51

bonjour bruno

pour te répondre, sur le net j'en sais rien, mais pour les bouquins il y a de nombreuses années symboles & traditions avait sortie un numero spécial sur les commandos et forces supplétives très complet et pissardy lui chez indoéditions sur les commandos nord-vietnam: https://www.indoeditions.com/objet/3/Commandos+Nord-Vietnam+
peut être y trouvera tu ton bonheur

laurent study
lr
lr

BKLX aime ce message

Message  BKLX Dim 5 Mar - 20:16

Bonjour et merci pour les infos
j’avais entendu parler du bouquin de Pissardy mais visiblement il contredis parfois le contenu d’un article qu’il avait publié précédemment
mais je vais chercher
encore merci
Bruno
BKLX
BKLX

Message  Dan Morris Dim 10 Déc - 8:12

BKLX a écrit:Bonjour,

De retour sur le forum après quelques absences...
je suis à la recherche de la liste des commandos qui ont été créés en Indochine et si possible leur localisation (Nord Vietnam, Sud Vietnam, Annam et centre, Laos...
Je suis également intéressé par leurs unités de rattachement et pourquoi pas leur encadrement.
On trouve quelques infos sur le net mais rien de structuré... ça doit bien exister, non ?

Bonne journée et à bientôt

Bruno

Hello Bruno, In answer to your question about the Commando units raised in Indo China. Here is a fragmented piece to start you off. I remember a longer piece that I put together about 15 years ago, that I am looking through a collection of about 100 Memory sticks than I lost the index to what information is on which memory stick. I will continue to look (creating a new index as I go) and when I find it I will send it along to you. Regards, Dan

Commandos:

From the beginning of hostilities, commandos trained in India as part of Force 136 or from Ceylon with the 5th RIC operate in the Indochinese peninsula. These courses have initially a number of Indochinese. Sometimes they disappoint, as the Annamese SAS B3, "contaminated by the propaganda of selling vegetables," declared October 7, 1945 in Saigon did not want to fight their kinsmen. These bodies then recruit mostly Laotians and Montagnards. And consist 1 Commando Franco-Lao, the 2nd Commando Hunters Laos, the 3rd Commando Franco-Rhade, the 4th, 5th and 6th Franco-Laotian Commandos and the Commando Knights of Tran Ninh, while in Thai country is Tho Commando is under command of Captain Cuq . Cambodia Commando Armored fighting and Commandos 3, 4 and 5, the latter being based Legionaries, and then No. 8 Commando transformed into lst and 3rd Company. Half the size of the latter are Khmers.
From 1948, we are witnessing the birth of many commandos, such as those named Do Huu Vi Ngo Quyen, Le Loi and Quang Trung in Annam. On 15 January 1950, 23 commandos are in South Vietnam. In most cases, the Europeans and the Indochinese who train, transformed from CLSM have not received adequate instruction in this type of training. The Navy has engaged in the peninsula units of this kind also protested against the lack of skill when it comes to his own local commandos. She then pointed out that the French sailors were specialized subject in France and Algeria a very complete training for six months, while the local marine auxiliary received only thirty days of conditioning. In addition, the Staff is several times against the devaluation of the term commando, eg early 1949 a company of commandos are at BM I RIC.
Subsequently, the I Bureau strives to regulate the setting foot of the body. Thus, 2 July 1951, General de Lattre de Tassigny ordered the creation of North Vietnam commandos 8 auxiliaries supervised by staff trained by the airborne troops.
few days later, this figure increased to 30 and 45 units, with a workforce of 9,120 French and Tonkinese. L'Annam has 6 commandos. They expressed shock, zone or landing. There are also Army commandos Sea, known as marine commandos or light companies support.
commandos and receive statutorily established conditions? weapons, coaching, clothing, pay and subscription contracts more favorable. They are well-defined missions. School commando at Vatchay administered by the Commando 45. All these units are numbered in a continuous series, those being called the landing from the number 60.

Among the best known of these forces include: the Tonkin - The 2nd Commando 10 Commando also called BEP Préville Commando or Leyon, that is to say lion gave the Vietnamese. - The Commando 13 under the command of Captain Delayen then Lieutenant Pho Bui Chi said Roger, twice mentioned in dispatches for the Army. - The 17 Commando Lieutenant Henry, cited in the order of the Army. - The 20 Commando based auxiliaries Muong. - The Commando 23 formed of Africans and Tonkinese, under the command of Lieutenant Rusconi said "The Boar". - Commando 24 CWO Vandenberghe, cited in the order of the Army. - The Commando landing 61 of lieutenant Forray, current Grand Chancellor of the Legion of Honor. - The Thai Commandos Lieutenant Wieme of Ruddere , having acted in the bowl of Dien Bien Phu in 1953 and 1954. Additional units appear to have been without number, as the Commando Lasserre also said Platoon Reconnaissance West Zone operating in Ha Dong, or Commando Robert . Annam: - The Cavalry Commando Conti-I REC. - The Commando Act I. REC. - The Commando Cu Lao Re. - The Commando Annam Voisard . - The Commando 535. - In 1953, Group 1 Commandos auxiliaries born. Many of his men from the CLSM 525.534, 535 and 544. The Highlands, the nomadic mountain commandos of Captain Vitasse operate with the 19th Goum 8th Moroccan Tabor.

Cochin By:
-4 Hoa Hao commandos under the command of Captain Charvet are established Nov. 4, 1947. The oldest and most famous is the elite Commando Bergerol . We can also mention the Commando Hoa Hao Fransecur , Groupement des Commandos Specialized Thu Duc Commandos Plantations 23 P, 40 P, 43 P, 47 P and 48 P and 716 of the Commando UMDC.
In the Navy, From May 1953, the Commandos dominated , Jaubert , Montfort , Hurricane , Senée and Storm were yellowed with supporters from the Thanh Hoa and Cu Lao Re. A group of commandos of the Navy auxiliaries existed in Tonkin.
For the record, it should be noted that Dog commandos were formed and numbered 5 in Laos and 6 to 9 Tonkin. Indochinese dog handlers are called cyno-commandos. A report prepared by an officer I/24ème RTS reflects the writer's amazement at seeing land in his post "a veterinarian only served 46 years of the health of doggies." The practitioner announcement lieutenant flabbergasted "that his animals are devoid of flair in a humid climate." As the action area consists of rice bordered by the Red River and Black Rivers and Claire "the Médors brought at great expense only have to sleep."

Dan Morris

Liste des commandos en Indo Empty Commandos indochina

Message  Dan Morris Mar 30 Jan - 23:51

Hi,
There was a question about the Commandos of Indochina. My prior computer crashed & I lost all the finished projects that I was working on. What follows are raw notes that I was working from before the crash. If you have information not included above, I would appreciate any info you may have to close the gaps in these notes. I no longer have access to many of my original sources. I hope they may be of assistance to you.
Regards, Dan.

Commandos:

Most of the personnel of the Commandos was formed by auxiliaries (Partisans before 1950). From 1947, the CEFEO raises supporters throughout the Peninsula, and their numbers will only continue to grow by end of 1949, Supporters of the number amounted to 16,390 men, divided into 9,200 military supporters including 1,100 in Tonkin, 7,190 and 1,875 with civilian supporters in Tonkin. On February 6, 1950, pursuant to the Memo No. 290/FAEO / ORG, the Partisans took the name of "military auxiliaries"; now, all training and all armed groups set up as auxiliary will be designated by the term "the Auxiliary Forces." From a workforce of 70,000 people near the end of 1950, the military auxiliaries are classified into two categories, and within these categories, grouped into combat units placed on three standard types. - Auxiliaries of the Ground Forces Far East. Grouped into "auxiliaries Military Companies": mobile units with a European framework with weapons and equipment, therefore. CSM Grouped in "Light of auxiliaries Military Companies" units rather static Indochinese leadership. CSLM

COMMANDO UNIT
A) Commando was an independent light infantry company-size. Native and former Vietminh were the core of the commando.

French cadres were the head, with typically:
1 x officer
4 x NCOs
1 x radioman
Often, the cadre were reduced to 1 x officer (a 1st lieutenant), 1 x sergeant, 1 x corporal and 1 x 1 radioman (corporal), assisted by 2 x Native corporal.

Each commando had about 90/150 men, but more often around 100 men organized in:
• Groupe de commandement (command group, as explained above)
• 3 x sections commandos (commando platoons; headed by a French or a Native NCO,
each had 1 x SAW or LMG and often a rifle with a grenade discharger and rarely a one 50 mm light mortar)
1 x groupe commando (commando squads; 8/15 x men each; almost all with an SMGs)
1 x groupe commando (commando squads; 8/15 x men each; 1 x SMG, sometimes few M1 carbines, 1 x SAW or LMG, other men were armed with rifles)

Typically, there was a commando company for each Dinassaut, one by sector and some in reserve for the territorial command.

1 x compagnie légère de supplétifs (CLS; Native light company; theoretically, around 100 x men with no MMG nor mortar; the CLS was used as a scouting/patrol/infiltration unit; some CLS were good units, others were unreliable)
• 3 x sections de supplétifs (Native platoon) each with:
1 x groupe de fusiliers-voltigeurs (automatic rifle squad; 6 x SMGs, 1 x SAW; other men armed with rifles, perhaps 1 x rifle with grenade discharger)
1 x groupe de fusiliers (rifle squad; some SMGs and carbines, rifles, 1 x SAW)

The commandos were numbered north or south from 1 to ... Then abandoned the south leaving the numbering 1 and following the north. This is how the South became 14 Commando became Commando 714; South 70 Commando became the Commando 377.

Commandos:

From the start of hostilities, commandos trained in India as part of Force 136 or from Ceylon with the 5th ICN operate in Indochina. These formations include the origin a number of Indochinese. Sometimes they disappoint, like the Annamese of SAS B3, "contaminated by propaganda from selling vegetables," declared 10/7/45 in Saigon do not want to fight their kinsmen. These bodies then recruit mainly from Laos and the Montagnards. Thus, are formed the first Commando Franco-Lao, the Laotian 2nd Commando Infantry, 3rd Commando Franco-Rhade, the 4th, 5th and 6th Franco-Laotian Commandos and Commando Riders of Tran Ninh, while in Thai country is Tho Commando under the Captain Cuq. Cambodia Commando Armored fighting and Commandos 3, 4 and 5, the latter being based Legionaries, and then the Commando # 8 transformed into the third and lst Company. Half the staff of the latter are Khmer.
From 1948, we are witnessing the birth of multiple commandos, such as those named Do Huu Vi Ngo Quyen, Le Loi and Quang Trung in Annam. 1/15/50, 23 commandos are in South Vietnam. In most cases, the Europeans and the Indochinese who train, converted from CLSM, have not received adequate instruction in this type of training. The Navy has embarked on the peninsula units of this kind also protested against the lack of competence when it comes to yellow its own commandos. She then remarked that the French sailors were specialized in the subject city in Algeria and a comprehensive training for six months, while the auxiliary local sailors received only thirty days of conditioning. In addition, the General Staff is several times against the devaluation of the term commando, early 1949 a company of commandos are at BM I RIC.
Subsequently, the Bureau strives to regulate the setting foot of the body. Thus, 2 July 1951, General de Lattre de Tassigny ordered the creation of eight in North Vietnam commandos auxiliaries supervised by personnel trained by the airborne troops. A few days later, this figure is increased to 30 and then 45 units, with a workforce of 9,120 French and Tonkinese. Annam has 6 commandos. They performed shock or landing operations in the area. There are also Army commandos on the Sea, known as marine commandos or accompanying light companies.

Cochin:
Hoa Hao four commandos under the command of Captain Charvet are established 11/4/47. One can also mention the Commando Fransecur Hoa Hao, the Groupement des Commandos Specialized in Thu Duc, the Commandos Plantations 23 P, 40 P, 43 P, 47 P and 48 P.

In the Navy, From May 1953, the Commandos, Jaubert, Montfort, Hurricane, and Tempest Senée were yellowed with supporters from Thanh Hoa and Cu Lao Re. A group of Navy commandos auxiliaries existed in Tonkin.

North Vietnam Commandos, (Numbered from 1 to 500)

Group of North Viet Nam Commandos Choc,
1953, Tonkin, formed from Commando 15, 19, 20, 21, 22, 34, & 35 as part of the Gerneral Reserves. AO = Tonkin.
CO = Captain George Oudinot

Commando group 2,

Commando group 3,

Commando 1,
8/1/51, formed from 132 CLSM (Light Company of auxiliaries Military) stationed at Khe Ha Coi, attached to I/23 RIC.
10/28/53, AO = Moncay on the coast. Attached to I/23 RIC.
1954, joint operations with Commando 2 & 7 GSRR.
8/23/54, regrouped at Haiphong. Merged with Group 2
10/10/54, split between 1 BM & 3 Parachute Company.

1 BM,
10/1/54, Tonkin, transferred to AVN control as 1 Battalion VNMC.
10/10/54, Formed from Commando's NVN transferred to Annam near Nha Trang.
Units: former Commando 1, Commando 3, Commando 10, Commando 13, Commando 17,

Commando 2,
8/1/51, created from elements of 85 CLSVN & 105 CLSM. It is administratively attached to I/23 RIC.
3/1/52, attached to II/5 REI.
8/23/54, regrouped at Haiphong, merged into Group 2.
10/10/1954, Tonkin, renamed 3 Parachute Company of Commandos of North Vietnam.
10/16/54, Annam, transferred to AVN GAP in central Vietnam.
11/5/54, Annam, Nha Trang.
11/9/54, Annam, part of 3 BPVN as Company of Commandos.

2 BM,
Units: former Commando 7,
10/1/54, Tonkin, transferred to AVN control.
10/10/54, from Formed Commando's NVN transferred to Annam near Nha Trang.
4/1/56, Transferred to the new ARVN as 2 Marine Battalion.

Commando 3,
One of first eight Commandos formed. AO = Tonkin.
7/15/51, Tonkin, formed from 85 CLSM & 105 CLSM. AO = Costal Zone around Haiphong.
6/30/52, Tonkin, Commando disbanded.
7/1/52, Tonkin, reformed as 4 CLA for Dinassaut 4. AO = Bamboo Canal, Song Van, & Tha Song Binh.
7/16/52, became part of Group de Commandos Suppletifs de La Marine.
10/4/52 to 10/20/52, Tonkin, AO = near Phat Diem.
11/24/52, AO = Ninh Giang.
1/26/53 to 2/11/53, Tonkin, NE of Hung Yen in Operation NORMANDIE I & II with GM 3, GM 4, GM 5, Group Kergaravat (three Sector Battalions), DNA 1, DNA 4, 206 CLSM, Commando 3,5,43 against the VNPA 42 Regiment around Haiduong, Ninh Binh & Thai Binh Song.
2/16/53, after a reorganization of Commandos, renamed Commando 61 assigned to support the navy.
See: Commando 61.

Commando 3,
10/1/53, Tonkin, reformed with cadre from Commando 16 and parts of 85 CLSVN & 105 CLSM. Indo Chinese recruited from the mountain minorities Tho and Nung.
11/1/51, Operations in costal area near Haiphong.
7/15/51 to 6/15/52, attached to IV/5 REI as auxiliaries.
8/23/54, regrouped at Haiphong, becomes part of Commando Group 2 of Captain Dupau.
10/10/54, disbanded & men transferred to 1 BM.
See: 1 BM.

Commando 4,
8/1/51, Tonkin, formed by the 29 BMTS. AO = Haiphong & later Quang Yen.
1/3/52 to 1/27/52, under III/6 RIC. AO = RC-6.
9/9/52 to 9/12/52, Tonkin, Operation Tien Lang East of Ninh Giang with the Gat/1 REC, III/2 RTA, 55 BVN, DNA 1, 13, 37 and 43 Commandos.
11/1/52, assigned to sub sector Trinh Xa 4.
1/15/53, disbanded. Its officers and staff sent to Wat Chay, to reform the 45 Commando.

Commando 5,
8/1/51, Tonkin, formed from 107 CLSM attached to III/6 RIC. Haiphong area.
11/1951 Hoa Binh AO = Tonkin
12/26/51 to 1/26/52, AO = Hoa Binh on RC 6. Operates with GM 2, GM 3, & GM 7.
10/31/52 to 11/28/52, under 1 DMT for Operation LORRAINE.
1/26/53 to 2/11/53, Tonkin, NE of Hung Yen in Operation NORMANDIE I & II with GM 3, GM 4, GM 5, Group Kergaravat (three Sector Battalions), DNA 1, DNA 4, 206 CLSM, Commando 3,5,43 against the VNPA 42 Regiment around Haiduong, Ninh Binh & Thai Binh Song.
3/53, AO = Trinh Xa.
8/28/53 to 9/15/53, Tonkin, Operation CLAUDE near Tien Lang with GM 3, GM 5, 2 BEP,8 BPC, 2 GA/1 REC, DNA 1, DNA 4, PATMAR, Commandos: 5, 13, 19, 20, 22, 43, 64, 65.
8/23/54, Regrouped at Haiphong as part of Group 2.
10/10/54, transferred to 1 BM.

Commando 6,
Location in the area of Seven Pagodas and stationed in Dong Trieu.
9/2/51, formed with cadre from 30 BMTS.
6/28/52 to 7/15/52, Tonkin, Operation BOLERO S/W Dong Thieu with GM 1, GM 7, Three Battalions/2 DMT, 5 BPC, S/GA 1/1 REC, DNA 1, Commando 6.
3/1/53, disbanded & troops transferred to Navy to reform 206 CSM (Commando 64).

Commando 7,
9/1/51, The Commando 7 is created by the III/21 RIC. AO = Hoa Binh
12/26/51 to 1/26/52, Hoa Binh on RC 6.
Stationed at Luke Nam sector Pagoda September until 20 February 1952, then Camp Erulin effective 12/16/1953.
7/16/53 to 7/18/53, reserve unit for Operation HIRONDELLE against Lang Son.
8/23/54, moved to Haiphong, became part of Group 2 Commando Captain Dupau.
10/10/54, part of 1 BM.

Commando 8,
7/15/51, formed, AO = Bac Ninh. Cadre from 1 BCP.
August to September 1952, Indochinese cadre is terminated as a result of the discovery of a plot hatched by Corporal Khan, an undercover Viet Minh agent.
10/52, The Commando is completely reformed with elements of the Nung from Moncay region, the majority do not speak or understand Vietnamese.
12/52, the Commando is moved to the Camp Erulin and became unemployable in the Kep area populated almost entirely Vietnamese.
2/1/53, disbanded & troops transferred to Navy to reform 207 CSM (Commando 65).

Commando 9,
7/15/51, formed in Tonkin.
12/1/53, Located in the Phu Lang Thuong and stationed at My Do, then in Bac Ninh.
Aug 23, 1954, after regrouping the Commandos in Haiphong and internal reorganization, the Commando is integrated into Groupement Commando # 2 Captain Dupau.
10/10/54, its elements are transferred to the 1 BM.

Commando 10,
AKA: Commando De Preville or Commando Leyion.
7/15/51, formed with 2 BEP cadre & former Suppletifs of I/6 RTM. Composed of Vietnamese Catholics & cadre from former Chinese KMT officers. AO = Bac Ninh.
2/23/52, renamed Commando De Preville.
4/52, formed in Haiphong from cadre of Commando Montfort & elements of 207 CLSM.
6/15/52, disbanded & troops to Navy to reform 207 CLSM.
7/52, added surviving members of Commando Francaois.
8/21/52, trained on Deer Island the training center for Naval Auxiliaries.
12/13/52, first action is Operation PIRATE near Bui Chu.
1/6/53, Operation MEUSE on coast of North Annam.
1/10/53, Operation MONTELIMAR on coast of North Annam.
1/14/53, Operation BESANCON on coast of North Annam.
2/16/53, renamed Commando 62. Operated on the coast of Tonkin & North Annam.
Stationed at Ban-Ninh Citadel and its zone of action on RP 38 and RP 13
See: Commando 62.

Commando 11,
AO = Tonkin
Zone of action of the Northern Region Kesat sector, then the Dao until 12/24/52. Commando 11 is stationed at Quan Tinh from 2/1/53, in Commando General Reserve.
11 Commando is dissolved in the sector Kesat 1/31/53. Recreated, it is made available as part of the general reserve
3/26/53 to 5/25/53, Tonkin, Operation HAUTES-ALPES near the Phat Diem with GMVN 2, GM 3, GM 4, GM 5, GAT/1 REC, GAC/1 REC, RICM, DNA 3, DNA 12, Commando 11, 19, 21, 24, 26, 40, 42, 63, 65.
5/26/53 to 5/5/53 in Operation "Hautes Alpes" in the sector Phat Diem in the 2 GMVN.
In September 1953, it is the 2nd Office FTNV.
9/28/53 to 10/7/53, engaged in the operation "Flanders" (Chay Cho) and used to strengthen GM 4.
9/19/53 to 10/12/53, Tonkin, Operation FLANDRES II near Cho Chay with GM 4, 6 BPC, Commandos: 11, 21, 40.
11/253 to 11/9/53, operation of Nam Mau.
3/12/53, disbanded, cadre transferred to Commando 24

Commando 12,
7/15/51, one of first eight Commandos formed. AO = Tonkin. Its operational area to the north channel of Bamboo. Stationed in Dao Dang. Cadre from BMI. AO = Hung Yen in Tonkin.
4/1/52, attached to I/21 RIC.
5/18/52, attached to III/2 RTM.
6/1/52, attached to V/3 REI.
4/16/53, disbanded & troops to Commando 54.

Commando 13,
AKA Delayen Commando.
13 Commando is the heir of the 80 CLSVN, unit formed early 1950 by Lieutenant Delayen. Based in Kien An and administered by the GEM / RICM, the 80 CLSVN, soon called "Commando Delayen", AO = Thanh Ha.
3/1/51, the Company receives official the name "Commando RICM armored reconnaissance." Cadre: Captain Delayen of 9/1/51 to 6/15/52. S / Lt Pho Bui Chi from 6/15/52 to 10/10/54. On entering the cantonment of Long Khe, the lieutenant Pho Bui Chi with his comrades from 13 Commando.
7/5//51 to 8/5/51, Tonkin, Operation TUKY near Ninh Giang with GM 3 (attached 7 BPC), 1 BPC, 10 BPCP, II/1 RTA, 2 BMI, BM/RICM, DNA 1, DNA 12, Commando 13 against 42 IR VNPA.
10/9/51, with the RBCEO and BM/RICM and Dinassaut 12 for clean pocket near Cuc Bo for the installation of stations in southern Thanh Mien.
From 2/19-29/52 in the N/W of Thai Binh against the Regiment 48 and 52.
7/2-10/52, Tonkin, Operation VIPERINE N/E of Ninh Giang with GM 2, 2 BEP, S/GA 1 REC, II/4 RAC, DNA 4, DNA 12, Commando 13.
9/9-12/52, Tonkin, Operation Tien Lang East of Ninh Giang with the Gat/1 REC, III/2 RTA, 55 BVN, the DNA 1, 4 and 37 and 43 Commandos.
8/28/53 to 9/15/53 actions against the bases of the Vietminh.
Accompany Dinassaut 4 after the dissolution of 61 Commando in the Ninh Giang.
7/14/53, he was in Hanoi for the National Day Parade.
7/15/53 moved to Haiphong for his participation in the ground phase of Operation "Hirondelle."
7/18/53, in the area of Dinh Lap with GM 5 to ensure the collection of the paratroopers who jumped in Lang Son.
8/28/53 to 9/15/53, Tonkin, Operation CLAUDE near Tien Lang with GM 3, GM 5, 2 BEP,8 BPC, 2 GA/1 REC, DNA 1, DNA 4, PATMAR, Commandos: 5, 13, 19, 20, 22, 43, 64, 65.
August 1954, the Commando, reduced to 30 men because of desertions, is attached to the Command Group, as a protection section of the PC.
10/10/54, It was dissolved, and its elements are sent to the 1 BM .

Commando 14,
14 Commando is created 1 August 1951 and stationed at Khe Hoang Anh Dong then.
Action Zone: - Valley Song Cau. - Axis of RC-3. Valley - Thanh Lam and North opportunities. Cadre: Lt Vuillemin of 08/01/1951 to 12/02/1952. Lt Chaussade of 27/03/1952 to 19/07/1952. Lt 19/07/1952 to 24/03/1953 stone. of Adjt Gourbal 06/08/1953 to 12/31/1953. Sgt Wirtz of 01/01/1951 to 15 January. Lt Mondoulet of 15/01/1954 to 04/04/1954. Adjt Cottin of 04/04/1954 to 31/07/1954. History of operations from 13 to 24 November 1951, were available to the GM 7 Dodelier for the operation "Lotus" of Hoa Binh.
11/27/51, he took part, along with a squadron of the 8 GSAP and a company of II/3 RTM, the operation "Roseau" intended to clean the region of Mai Chau, south-east in Phuc.
10/4/52 and 10/5/52, with the 6 BPC, for a raid north of RC 3, to destroy the elements provienciaux VNPA Battalion 64 regular battalions and 432/238 stationed in the area of Dac Phuc, south of Song Cong.
At Na San, available to the GOMRN, from 10/25/52 to December 12/18/52 Shelved on 8/1/54, the 14 Commando was disbanded on 8/20/54.

Commando 15,
Tonkin AO = Tonkin Part of the General Reserve.
15 Commando is created on or after 8/15/51 by BM 2. Stationed at Phuc Yen until 18/03/1952, then Hoi Tinh until mid-April 1953. Action Zone: - Ha Valley and its outlets north. Valley - Thanh Loc and its outlets north. Valley - Thanh Lanh and its outlets north. Commando General Reserve from 1 Vevrier 1953. TAPI Supervision from April 1952. Lt Bertrand de Balanda from 8/15/51 to 12/23/51 killed in Phu sorting. Lt Bertrand du 01/01/52 to 01/31/52. Lt Armandi (CITAPI) from 01/12/52 to 03/25/52. in Bruley of Adjt 03/26/52 06/05/53. Capt. Nghiem Xuan from 06/05/53 to 08/10/53. Feat Lt (5 BPC) from 08/10/53 to 08/20/54. Adjt Cottin of 08/20/54 to 10/09/54. Capt Oudinot's've11/9/54 10/10/54. History avtivités;
Made available to the GOMRN a San, it operates from March to mid-May 1953 in the region of Co-Chieng Dong Noi-Yen Chau.
6/11/53 to 7/11/53, at the disposal of zone Haiphong on 6/13/53 and 6/14/53 participates in Operation "Grasse II", clearing limestone Trang Kinh, in conjunction with 22 and 65 Commandos.
6/29/53 operation "Rochefort", cleaning the island of Cac Ba in conjunction with Commandos "Senée", "Storm", 22 and 65.
From 10/15/53 to 10/18/53, participation in Operation "Pelican II" in the region Tinh Gia, for fixing in the Thanh Hoa, Division 304, during the "Seagull" by deception maneuvers and gun shots in the interior. From 11/2/53 to 11/9/53, Case of Nam Mau on RP 18: 3 killed, 8 wounded, one missing; On 8/23/54, after regrouping the Commandos in Haiphong and internal reorganization, it is integrated into the Group Commando # 1 Captain Oudinot.
10/10/54, disbanded.

Commando 16,
7/15/51, formed & AO = Hoi Canh.
3/5/52 to 3/14/52, Operation SAND with 8 BPC, & Commando 17, in area between Red River & Huong Canh. 3/18/52, AO = Canh Tinh.
10/5/52, attached to GM 1 for attack on VNPA Provincial Battalion 64 & Regular Battalion 432/238. Also part of Operation was GM 7 with 6 BCP, S/GB 2, & Commando 14.
9/30/53, disbanded after Viet Minh infiltration of unit.

Commando 17,
17 Commando formed 7/15/51. Stationed at Xom Moi subsector Vinh Yen. Action Zone axis of CR 2 west to Vietri, axis of the RP 130, the Clear River Valley. The entire ANC leadership comes from. Lt 15/07/1951 to 12/31/51 of Lt Oudinot.Lt Henry Armand (10 BPPC) from 01/01/52 to 06/19/53. Lt Jaunay 06/19/53 to 04/05/54. Lt Mondoulet of 05/04/54 to 08/20/54. S/Lorenzi Head of 20/08/20/54 to 10/10/54.
From 3/5/52 to 3/14/52, engaged in Operation "Sand" for cleaning the area known as "Sand's Bench" between the Red River and Huong Canh and implementing the 8 BPC and 16 Commando.
the 8 BPC, death the Sergeant Ball, killed in a clash of severe axis Canh Huong Khe-May.
Of the 216 deaths counted at the end of the operation, 23 are put to the credit of both Commandos.
10/10/54, disbanded with men transferred to the 1 BM.

Commando 18,
18 Commando is created on or after 8/1/51.
Located in the sub-sector Sontay and parked at Ai Mo. Framing: Captain of 08/01/51 to 08/27/51 Caudron. Lieutenant Lucien Hebert (8 BPC) from 08/27/51 to 6/11/52. Sergeant-Debord's Peyremaure 06/11/52 to 08/06/53. Lt Reeb of 06/23/53 to 08/06/54.
Activities: intelligence gathering, hand and raids in the area between the RP 87 Ap Da Chong Tam to his north, the PR 41 to Tu Vu west, south of CR 6 and advanced north-east of the massif of Bavaria and the Nui Vien east. 11/13/51, "Operation Lotus" of Hoa Binh, is attached to GM 7 Dodelier. 11/16/51 to 11/26/51, available to I RTM in the first Tu Vu on the Black River. Regains Ai on 11/28/51.

3/27/52, participates alongside a company of I/4 RTM, a company of III/5 REI and 35 Commando in operation "Traffic" on the villages of the north shore of Song Thao, west bank of the Red River. Destruction of contraband goods.
10/29/52, he made the opening of the operation "Lorraine" by conducting reconnaissance in the direction of the neck of Deo Giai and November 11/3/52, he passes available to the GM 1 attached to 4th BM/7 RTA with which it operates to 11/26/52.
8/6/54, returned to Haiphong.
8/23/54, after regrouping the Commandos in Haiphong and internal reorganization, it is integrated into the Group 1 Commando Captain Oudinot.
10/10/54, its elements are assigned to either the 1 Parachute Company (34 Commando) or the 1 BM.

Commando 19,
7/15/51, formed.
7/15/51 thru 1/31/53, AO = Black River.
11/10/51, part of GM3 & Hoa Binh operation.
12/6/51, RC 6 duty.
2/1/53 to 5/31/53, attached to GM3 for clearing operations in the South of the Red River Delta around Phat Diem & Bui Chu.
3/26/53 to 5/25/53, Tonkin, Operation HAUTES-ALPES near the Day River with GMVN 2, GM 3, GM 4, GM 5, GAT/1 REC, GAC/1 REC, RICM, DNA 3, DNA 12, Commando 11, 19, 21, 24, 26, 40, 42, 63, 65.
9/4/53, to Sontay.
9/15/53 to 11/7/53, Operation "Seagull" against 320 PAVN near Ninh Binh.
4/27/54 to 6/12/54, Laos as part of Operation "Condor".
10/10/54, disbanded, men sent to either 1 Parachute Company or the 1 BM.

Commando 20
3/1/51, formed from 128 CSM which was Scout Company of 8 GSAP. Composed of Muong. 3/18/51, AO = Hadong Sector in Tonkin.
8/20/51 thru 2/29/52, attached to I/24 RMT
11/13/51, Hoa Binh Operation "Lotus" attached to GM 3.
5/52 thru 6/52, AO = Phu Ly attached to IV/3 REI.
8/52, AO = Nam Dinh.
10/9/52 to 10/15/52, Tonkin, Operation GAZELLE. S/E of Ninh Binh with GM 1, GM 3, GM 4, 1 BEP, 2 BPC, 3 BPC, 5 BPC, III/3 REI, S/GA/1 RCC, Commandos 20, 24, 25, 26 against the 9 Regiment/304 VNPA Division
11/52 thru 3/53, Na San
8/28/53 to 9/15/53, Tonkin, Operation CLAUDE near Tien Lang with GM 3, GM 5, 2 BEP,8 BPC, 2 GA/1 REC, DNA 1, DNA 4, PATMAR, Commandos: 5, 13, 19, 20, 22, 43, 64, 65. 9/23/53 to 10/12/53, Tonkin, Operation BROCHET I, II & III on N & S of Bamboo Canal with GM 3 (attached 8 BPC), GM 5 (attached 2 BEP), GM 7, GM ZN, 1 BPC, 1 BEP, 5 BPVN, S/GB 1, RICM, DNA 3, DNA 4, DNA 12, Commandos: 20, 34, 35, 61, 63.
9/21/53 thru 10/10/53, AO = Bamboo Canal attached to DNA 4 for Operation "Pike" against 42 Viet Minh Regiment. 12/53, AO = Ninh Binh replacing the destroyed Commando that was being reformed.
1/21/54, heavy losses in action.
8/20/54, disbanded.

Commando 21,
AO = Tonkin
21 Commando is created on or after August 15, 1951. Stationed in Can Hoach, then the Van Dinh 6/11/51, Ben Cho from 03/31/52. The 21 Commando conducts raids and raids in the limestone area of Cho Ben, or he is particularly active, especially 11/10/51 to 11/30/ November 1951, the period of offensive Hoa Binh operations "Tulip" and "Lotus" and then throughout the period of our presence in countries Muong. Available to GOMRN of 12/18/52, he noted the 14 Commando at Na San, or it will operate until 2/20/53, both on behalf of the EM Colonel Gilles and as a recon unit of Group Ducournau (5 BPC, 6 BPC, II/1 RCP), multiplying the reconnaissance, ambushes, raids and actions detailed in depth. 1/1/53 to 1/10/53, Chieng Raid Dong, recognitions around Co Noi, Yen Chau raid on the 6 BPC. 1/20/53, Ta Khoa raid on the 5 BPC. 2/9/53 to 2/12/53, raid near Ban Ban Tum-II with Hien / CPR first.
From 4/7/53 to 4/28/53, at the disposal of the operation "high Alps" west of Phat Diem in the 2 building GMVN.
3/26/53 to 5/25/53, Tonkin, Operation HAUTES-ALPES near the Phat Diem with GMVN 2, GM 3, GM 4, GM 5, GAT/1 REC, GAC/1 REC, RICM, DNA 3, DNA 12, Commando 11, 19, 21, 24, 26, 40, 42, 63, 65.
8/1/53, it is directed at Wat Chay for a training course and training for five weeks.
9/1/53, it is made available to the first DMT West Zone. Based in Hadong Phuong Khe area, he was appointed a monitoring mission along the Day River,
9/19/53 to 10/12/53, Tonkin, Operation FLANDRES II near Cho Chay with GM 4, 6 BPC, Commandos: 11, 21, 40.
9/25/53, he was hired for a few days in the operation "Flanders II" cleaning Cho Chay in strengthening the GM 4 From 11/2/53 to 11/9/43, Nam Mau operation.
12/31/53, disbanded.

Commando 22,
22 Commando is created from parts from the six companies of the Group of Companies suppletive Sector South Red River. Stationed at: - Phu Luu Doan then xa 3/20/52.
- Van Dinh as of 5/26/52.
5/22/52 to 5/30/52, Tonkin, Operation KANGOUROU South of Ha Dong (Cho Chay) with GM 1, GM 5, GER 1, S/GB 1, S/GB 2, 2 BPC, 7 BPC, 2 BEP, 10 BPCP, I/2 REI, I/41 RAC, Commando 22, Commando 29 against the VNPA 46 Regiment & VNPA 79 Battalion.
- Bo Thanh, 9/15/52 to 1/3/53.
- Dpng Phi juusqu'au 3/10/53.
Action Zone: Sector Hadong 11/13/51,
"Operation Lotus" of Hoa Binh, reporting to GM 2 of Colonel Clement.
11/26/51 to 12/8/51, placed at the disposal of I/1 RTM Tu Vu on the Black River.
He then joined the PA of the Phu for provision of III/5 REI until mid-January 1952.
6/7/52 to 9/52, Tonkin, Operation KANGOURDU II near Cho Chay with GM 1, GM 5, Group Ducournau (2 BPC, 2 BEP, 7 BPC, 7 BPC, 10 BPCP0 S/GB 1, GER 1, Commando 22, Commando 29.
From 7/8/52 to 7/11/52, undertook to meet the 5 BPC and II/3 REI in a series of actions to restore communications with the Location Coc station attacked by Bataillon 922/46 Regiment VNPA.
1/31/53, disbanded.

Commando 23,
AKA Rusconi’s Commando. AO = Red River Delta.
7/10/51, Commando 23 formed from 101 Commando CLSM (formed 1/51). AO = Phu Ly Tonkin. Composed from former Viet Minh. Together with Commando 24 & 25 provides intelligence for the South Zone.
9/51, Commando infiltrated by Viet Minh agents.
11/10/51, part of Hoa Binh Operation TULIP.
2/7/52, Commando betrayed by Viet Minh agents, 100 members of VM Provincial Battalion 105 gain entrance into their camp and kill all but 20 auxiliaries.
3/1/52, Commando reformed. This Commando is often called Commando RUSCONI.
12/31/53, Commando disbanded.

Commando 24,
7/15/51 formed from 11 CLSM (11 Light Company of auxiliaries Military), Commando is formed from ethnic Thos, Nungs, & Meo.
10/1/51 to 10/10/51, Tonkin, near Ninh Giang in Operation MANDARINE with GM 1, GM 3 (attached 7 BPC), GM 4, 1 BEP (replacing 8 BPC for MANDARINE), 1 BPC, 5 BPC, S/GB 1, Commandos 24, 30, DNA 3. DNA 12 against 648/42 IR, 664/42 IR, Provincial Battalion 38.
10/9/52 to 10/15/52, Tonkin, Operation GAZELLE. S/E of Ninh Binh with GM 1, GM 3, GM 4, 1 BEP, 2 BPC, 3 BPC, 5 BPC, III/3 REI, S/GA/1 RCC, Commandos 20, 24, 25, 26 against the 9 Regiment/304 VNPA Division.
11/10/51 to 10/13/51, Tonkin, Operation AMANDE near Ninh Giang with GM 7, GEM/RICM, Commandos 24, 30 against local VM near the Canal des Bambous.
11/10/51 to 2/25/52, Tonkin, Battle of Hoa Binh.

AKA Vanderberghe’s Commando. AO = Red River Delta.
"Vandenberghe" or "black tigers" (from the 11 Light Company of auxiliaries Military), commanded by Chief Warrant Officer Vandenberghe, enjoys great prestige and a solid reputation for boldness and success gained in numerous raids in Viet Minh territory. Radiating Nam Dinh, Ninh Binh and Phu Ly, is based near Nam Dinh in a former Catholic orphanage called "Nazareth". The commando has in its ranks of volunteers ethnic Thos, Nung and Meo (wild mountain, traditionally hostile to the Viet Minh and loyal to France), but mostly old bo doi (soldier of the regular army Vietminh) or Kich-of (member of the Viet Minh guerrillas), recruited from the prison camps for their hardening, their intimate knowledge of fighting techniques and mentality Vietminh.

Commando 25
From 170 LCMS under Lt Romary.
10/9/52 to 10/15/52, Tonkin, Operation GAZELLE. S/E of Ninh Binh with GM 1, GM 3, GM 4, 1 BEP, 2 BPC, 3 BPC, 5 BPC, III/3 REI, S/GA/1 RCC, Commandos 20, 24, 25, 26 against the 9 Regiment/304 VNPA Division
9/10/54, disbanded.

Commando 26,
8/15/51, formed from 192 CLSVN.
Warrant Officer De. Located in the area of Phat Diem and parked Chinh Tri.
Monitoring Mission limestone yen Duyen, infiltration of the corridor between Ho and the Can dian Giang, Valley Song Hoat, cervix Ban Yen, one of the RC and the track Giap Dong-Sung Son.
Commando will have to deliver some serious defensive battles because of its location. Its settlement area (which is also the Commandos 23, 24, 25 and 29) forms indeed the weakest part of the device at the Franco-Vietnamese periphery of the Delta. The massive limestone and Phu Chi Born No Quan, covered with jungle and are riddled with caves along the Day, staging bases ideal for regular regiments Vietminh.
The demonstration was in December, when a severe attack of the Division affects the area of Phat Diem, advocated by the 18 BVN. The Viet’s penetrate deep into the episcopal city, causing heavy casualties and massive damage, but cannot overcome the fulcrum Chinh Tri (seat of the PC industry) due to their fierce resistance against the Commando and the sector staff. Victim of the Vietminh, the murder of Lieutenant De Mar. 6, 1952.
10/9/52 to 10/15/52, Tonkin, Operation GAZELLE. S/E of Ninh Binh with GM 1, GM 3, GM 4, 1 BEP, 2 BPC, 3 BPC, 5 BPC, III/3 REI, S/GA/1 RCC, Commandos 20, 24, 25, 26 against the 9 Regiment/304 VNPA Division.

Commando 27,
1/16/53 to 1/24/53, Tonkin, North of Thai Binh in Operation ARTOIS with GM 3, GM 4, S/GB 1, III/2 RTM, GM 5, DNA 3, DNA 12, 26 BMTS, III/13 DBLE, 27 Commando, 38 Commando.
3/27/52 to 4/12/52, Tonkin, Operation MERCURE near Thai Binh with GM 1, GM 2, GM 3, GM 4, GM 7, 1 BEP, 3 BPC, 5 BPC,S/GA 1 REC, 1 RCC, DNA 3, DNA 12, Commandos 27, 28, 29, 30 & 38 against HQ 320 Division, Regiment 48/320 Division,

Commando 28,
3/27/52 to 4/12/52, Tonkin, Operation MERCURE near Thai Binh with GM 1, GM 2, GM 3, GM 4, GM 7, 1 BEP, 3 BPC, 5 BPC,S/GA 1 REC, 1 RCC, DNA 3, DNA 12, Commandos 27, 28, 29, 30 & 38 against HQ 320 Division, Regiment 48/320 Division,
11/30/52 to 1/3/53, Tonkin, Operation BRETAGNE South of Nam Dinh with GM 1 (attached 1 BPVN), GM 4, GM 5, GM 7, GAT & GAC/1 REC, III/3 REI, S/GB 1, DNA 3, DNA 12, Commandos 28, 29, 32 against the VNPA 304 & 320 Divisions near Nam Dinh.

Commando 29,
AO = Nam Dinh near the Day River.
8/15/51, Tonkin, formed from the 102 CLSM.
8/51 to 12/51, Tonkin, operations in Red River Delta.
5/22/52 to 5/30/52, Tonkin, Operation KANGOUROU South of Ha Dong (Cho Chay) with GM 1, GM 5, GER 1, S/GB 1, S/GB 2, 2 BPC, 7 BPC, 2 BEP, 10 BPCP, I/2 REI, I/41 RAC, Commando 22, Commando 29 against the VNPA 46 Regiment & VNPA 79 Battalion.
6/3/52 to 6/6/52, Tonkin, Operation ANTILOPE near Hung Yen with GM 1 & 2 BEP, GM 3 & 5 BPC, GM 4 & 7 BPC, 10 BPCP, I/3 REI, I/41 RAC, S/GB 1, S/GB 2, GER 1, Commando 29 against the VNPA 46 Regiment.
6/7/52 to 9/52, Tonkin, Operation KANGOURDU II near Cho Chay with GM 1, GM 5, Group Ducournau (2 BPC, 2 BEP, 7 BPC, 7 BPC, 10 BPCP0 S/GB 1, GER 1, Commando 22, Commando 29.
11/30/52 to 1/3/53, Tonkin, Operation BRETAGNE South of Nam Dinh with GM 1 (attached 1 BPVN), GM 4, GM 5, GM 7, GAT & GAC/1 REC, III/3 REI, S/GB 1, DNA 3, DNA 12, Commandos 28, 29, 32 against the VNPA 304 & 320 Divisions near Nam Dinh.
4/16/53, Commando disbanded & men sent to Commando 35.

Commando 30,
8/15/51, Tonkin, formed from the 171 CLSM. AO = Thai Binh.
10/1/51 to 10/10/51, Tonkin, near Ninh Giang in Operation MANDARINE with GM 1, GM 3 (attached 7 BPC), GM 4, 1 BEP (replacing 8 BPC for MANDARINE), 1 BPC, 5 BPC, S/GB 1, Commandos 24, 30, DNA 3. DNA 12 against 648/42 IR, 664/42 IR, Provincial Battalion 38.
11/10/51 to 10/13/51, Tonkin, Operation AMANDE near Ninh Giang with GM 7, GEM/RICM, Commandos 24, 30 against local VM near the Canal des Bambous.
11/10/51 to 2/25/52, Tonkin, Battle of Hoa Binh.
1/22/52, Tonkin, foiled a Communist plot to take over the Commando.
2/19/52 to 3/7/52, Tonkin, near Thai Binh part of Operations DRIZZLE & HURRICANE against the VNPA 320 Division.
3/27/52 to 4/12/52, Tonkin, served with II/6 RTM in GM 1.
10/12/52, Tonkin, Commando listed as inactive.
4/16/53, Commando disbanded & men transferred to the 56 Commando.
AKA: Roberts Commando.

Commando 31,

Commando 32 AKA Commando Senee:

Liu Tai Chu had been a battalion commander in the Army of CHANG KAI
CHEK. Following the victory of MAO TSE TOUNG he had crossed the
border into the Tonkin, and had been disarmed and regrouped with
thousands of other Chinese in GACR. Thanks to Reverend MAILLOT, of the
Catholic missions in China, more than 130 of them will join Commando
32 ("Sénée"). They will show themselves to be loyal and brilliant
fighters."

Commando 33,
1 Commando RBECO.

Commando 34,
9/23/53 to 10/12/53, Tonkin, Operation BROCHET I, II & III on N & S of Bamboo Canal with GM 3 (attached 8 BPC), GM 5 (attached 2 BEP), GM 7, GM ZN, 1 BPC, 1 BEP, 5 BPVN, S/GB 1, RICM, DNA 3, DNA 4, DNA 12, Commandos: 20, 34, 35, 61, 63.
11/9/54, at Nha Trang assigned to 5 BPVN as 1 Company.

Commando 35,
Formed from the 123 CLSM.
11/1951 Hoa Binh
Infiltrated by the Viet Minh.
9/13/53 to 9/19/53, Tonkin, Operation FLANDRES near Cho Chay with GM 4 (Attached 3 BPVN), GM 7, S/GB 2, Commando 35.
9/23/53 to 10/12/53, Tonkin, Operation BROCHET I, II & III on N & S of Bamboo Canal with GM 3 (attached 8 BPC), GM 5 (attached 2 BEP), GM 7, GM ZN, 1 BPC, 1 BEP, 5 BPVN, S/GB 1, RICM, DNA 3, DNA 4, DNA 12, Commandos: 20, 34, 35, 61, 63.
12/12/53 to 1/10/54, Tonkin, Operation GERFAUT near Thai Binh & Bui Chu with GM 1, GM 3, GM 4, GM 5, GM 8, GM 31, S/GB 2, GA 1/1 REC, DNA 3, Commandos 35 & 63 against 46 Battalion (Bui Chu) 50 Regiment (Thai Binh) 53 Battalion (Thai Binh).

Commando 37,
9/9/52 to 9/12/52, Tonkin, Operation Tien Lang East of Ninh Giang with the Gat/1 REC, III/2 RTA, 55 BVN, the DNA 1, 4 and 13 and 43 Commandos.

Commando 38,
Was CLA 3.
1/16/53 to 1/24/53, Tonkin, North of Thai Binh in Operation ARTOIS with GM 3, GM 4, S/GB 1, III/2 RTM, GM 5, DNA 3, DNA 12, 26 BMTS, III/13 DBLE, 27 Commando, 38 Commando.

Commando 39,
2/15/52, Formed from 252 CSM by III/4 RTM. Admin attached to 32 BMTS.
3/1/52, became a Commando Fictif.
1/15/53, Commando disbanded.

Commando 40,
Tonkin AO = Tonkin almost destroyed in action on RC 18.
4/28/52 to 4/29/52, Tonkin, Operation TANGO South of Sept Pagodes (Upper Song Thai Binh) with GM 1, GM 7, S/GA/1 REC, S/GB 2, DNA 1, DNA 4.
7/18/52 to 7/24/53, Tonkin, Bolero II East Hai Duong with GM 1, GM 3, 3 BPC, S/GA 1/1 REC, DNA 4, Commando 40.

Commando 41,

Commando 42,

Commando 43,
AO = Tonkin
9/9/52 to 9/12/52, Tonkin, Operation Tien Lang East of Ninh Giang with the Gat/1 REC, III/2 RTA, 55 BVN, DNA 1, 4 and 13, 37 Commandos.
8/28/53 to 9/15/53, Tonkin, Operation CLAUDE near Tien Lang with GM 3, GM 5, 2 BEP,8 BPC, 2 GA/1 REC, DNA 1, DNA 4, PATMAR, Commandos: 5, 13, 19, 20, 43, 64, 65.

Commando 44,
12/1/51, Formed from 530 CLSVN.
3/1/52, became a Commando Fictif in the General Reserve.
12/31/53, Commando Disbanded.

Commando 45,
1/15/53, reformed from Commando 4. Composed of former Chinese KMT troops. Operated the school for Commandos.

Commando 54,
4/16/53, formed from Commando 12.

Commando 54,
1952, renamed Commando 354.
6/53, Commando 354 renamed Commando 744. AO near Thudaumont.
4/54, Commando 744 renamed CLSM 229.

Commando 61,
2/16/53, Tonkin, formed from Commando 3 and assigned to 12 DNA.
2/23/53 to 2/27/53, Tonkin, South of Bac Ninh in Operation NICE I with GM 3, GM 4, GM 5, Group Bouyen (Four Sector Battalions),S/GB 2, 2 GA/1 REC, RICM, DNA 1, DNA 4, Commando 61, 206 CLSM.
2/28/53 to 3/2/53, Tonkin, near Bac Ninh in Operation NICE II with GM 3, GM 4, GM 5, Group Raberin(Four Sector Battalions), S/GB 2, 2 GM/1 REC, RICM, DNA 1, DNA 4, Commando 61, 206 CLSM.

Commando 62,
2/16/53, formed by renaming Commando 10.
Tonkin, assigned to DNA

Commando 63,
2/16/53, formed in Tonkin, assigned to 3 DNA
8/5/53 thru 8/21/53, Tonkin, Operation TARENTAISE near Bui Chu with GMVN 2, GM 8, DNA 3, PATMAR, Commandos 63,65.
12/12/53 to 1/10/54, Tonkin, Operation GERFAUT near Thai Binh & Bui Chu with GM 1, GM 3, GM 4, GM 5, GM 8, GM 31, S/GB 2, GA 1/1 REC, DNA 3, Commandos 35 & 63 against 46 Battalion (Bui Chu) 50 Regiment (Thai Binh) 53 Battalion (Thai Binh).

Commando 64,
Formed from 206 CSM.
3/1/53, reformed from Commando 6.
Tonkin, assigned to 1 DNA
11/21/53 to 11/28/53, Tonkin, North East of Sept Pagodes Operation VENTOUX with GM 3, GM 4, GM 5, BM/21 RIC, S/GB 1, DNA 1, Patmar, Commandos 64,65 against the 38 Infantry Regiment VNPA.

Commando 65,
Formed from 207 CSM.
3/1/53, Tonkin, reformed from Commando 8 assigned to DNA Haiphong.
8/5/53 thru 8/21/53, Tonkin, Operation TARENTAISE near Bui Chu with GMVN 2, GM 8, DNA 3, PATMAR, Commandos 63,65.
11/21/53 to 11/28/53, Tonkin, North East of Sept Pagodes Operation VENTOUX with GM 3, GM 4, GM 5, BM/21 RIC, S/GB 1, DNA 1, Patmar, Commandos 64,65 against the 38 Infantry Regiment VNPA.

101 Commando LCMS,
1/51, formed, AO = Phu Ly Tonkin.
7/10/51, renamed Commando 23.

Commando Conti Cavalerie,
Attached to the 1 REC.

Delayen’s Commando,
See: Commando 13. AO = Haiphong.

Commando de Cu Lao Re,
1951, created on island of RE (south of Tourane), 12 European cadre with 400 Indo Chinese. Duty was to raid Coasts of Tonkin & Annam. Attached to GCMA.
11/54, disbanded.

Commando d’Extreme-Orient, AKA Parachute Commando d'Extreme Orient.
2/51, Operations in Red River Delta.
9/12/52, transferred to 8 BPC as 1 Company

Commando Lasserre,

Commando Leyion,
See: Commando 10.

Naval Commando of North Vietnam,

De Preville's Commando,
See: Commando 10.

Robert’s Commando,
AO = Red River Delta.
SEE: Commando 30.

Romary’s Commando,
AO = Red River Delta.

Rusconi’s Commando,
SEE: Commando 23.

Senee Commando,
SEE: Commando 32.

Vanderberghe’s Commando,
See: Commando 24.

Annam & Plateaux Montagnands Commandos, (Numbered from 500 to 700)

1 Special auxiliary Battalion of Kien An,
Formed in 1 military Region. AO = near Saigon.

Commando Group 1,
1953, formed from CLSM 525, 534, 535, & 544. Operated in Annam.

Group 1 Commandos auxiliaries,
1953, Group 1 Commandos auxiliaries formed. Many of his men from the CLSM 525, 534, 535 and 544.
Commando group 2,

Commando group 3,
1953, Annam

Groupement de Commandos du Center Vietnam,

Groupement de Commandos du Cholon,
3/16/47, Formed.
3/47 thru 8/47, Group Operational.

Cho Lon Commando, AKA Group Commandos de Cholon,
1/1/46, Operated in Cochin China & Cambodia.
1/1/48,

On the ground, the men of GMI operated hundreds, fifties and trentaines. During the second quarter of 1953, they are organized in groups of commandos numbered in the 200 series in Laos, 500 in the Central Highlands, the 502nd and 503rd consisting of Hres. In Central Annam, these small units are number 300, 316 ethnic Die, 400 and 600 in Cambodia to South Vietnam.

1 Group de Commando Special,

Group des Commando de Choc du Sud Vietnam,

Commando 1,
1953, Annam,

Commando 3,
1952 thru 1954, Cochin China in MR 1.

Commando C3,
Provided protection to economic assets in MR 1.

Commando 7,
1953 – 1954, attached to the 21 RIC Sector.

Commando 8,

Commando 9,

Commando 10,

Commando C12,

Commando 12,

Commando 13,
12/49, Cochin China, formed by the 13 DBLE. AO = Hoc Mon. Attached to I/13 DBLE.
1/17/50, first combat near Nhon Tay.
12/51, Commando disbanded when I/13 DBLE left area.

Commando 14,
Formed with Cambodians.

Commando 17,

Commando 19,

Commando 22/P,
Provided protection to economic assets in MR 1, near Honquan.

Commando 23/P,
Provided protection to economic assets in MR 1, near Honquan.

Commando 24,

Commando 29,
Attached to the 2 RSM.

Commando 36,
Attached to the 2 RSM.

Commando 37,

Commando 40/P,

Commando 41,

Commando 43/P,

Commando 47/P,

Commando 48/P,

Commando 54,
1952, formed from CLSM 54.
6/53, renamed Commando 744.
See: Commando 744.

Commando 69,
1952 thru 1954, Cochin China in MR 1, near Honquan.

Commando 70,

Commando 77,

Commando 185, AKA: DSAV 185,
1952 to 1954, Cochin China in MR 1.

Commando 307,
1953, Annam,

Commando 314,

Commando 331,
1953, Annam,

Commando 334,
1952 to 1954, Annam & Cochin China in MR 1, near Thudaumot.

Commando 337,
1952 to 1954, Annam & Cochin China in MR 1, near Thu Dau Mot.

Commando 338,
1952 to 1954, Cochin China in MR 1, near Honquan.

Commando 340,

Commando 353,
1953, Annam,

Commando 354,
1952, formed from Commando 54.
6/53, renamed Commando 744.
4/54, renamed 229 CLSM.
See: Commando 744.

Commando 356,

Commando 369,

Commando 370,

Commando 376,

Commando 502,
Formed from Hre tribesmen in Central Highlands.

Commando 503,
Formed from Hre tribesmen in Central Highlands.

Commando 503,
11/53, Annam, formed for 1 REC. Guarded the LOC from Tourane to Hue.
6/7/54, Annam, heavy losses in attack on its base by betrayal from Viet Minh agents.
Reformed after attack.

Commando 534,
Operated in Annam. Formed from the 534 CLSM.

Commando 535,
Operated in Annam. Formed from the 535 CLSM.

Commando 536,
Operated in Annam. Formed from the 536 CLSM.

Commando 610,
Stationed in SVN near Saigon.
9/15/51, reformed as a Tonkin Type Commando with name Commando 610.
12/53, near DBP collecting intelligence for the French High Command.
3/54, used as a Choc Commando.
4/54, with Col. Mollat's GCMA unit in DBP relief mission.
10/10/54, used to form 620 Company of Parachute Commandos.
10/16/54, part of 2 Group Commando Forces Land Plateau Center (FTPC) together with 620 & 634 in GAP 3.
11/9/54, at Nha Trang assigned to 5 BPVN as 1 Company.
See: 620 Company of Parachute Commandos.

Commando 620,
Stationed in Annam, AO = Nha Trang. Attached to BM/3 AOF.
Formed by renaming the12 CCS (Commando Company Auxiliaries ) as 620 CSM.
9/15/51, reformed as a Tonkin Type Commando with name Commando 620.
7/52, AO = Phan Rang
11/52, AO = Ninh Trang.
4/53, AO = Phu Long
6/53, Operation ROUSSILLON with 601 & 621 CSM.
8/53, renamed Commando 620.
3/54, classed as Choc Commando.
10/10/54, used to form 620 Company of Parachute Commandos.
10/16/54, part of 2 Group Commando Forces Land Plateau Center (FTPC) together with 610 & 634 in GAP 3.
11/9/54, at Nha Trang assigned to 5 BPVN as 3 Company.
See: 620 Company of Parachute Commandos.

10/25/51, the Auxiliary Forces organization of the Ground Forces of the Far East Central Vietnam requires that the Auxiliary Units Military (USM) and the Companies Commandos auxiliaries (CCS) take the name of auxiliaries Military Companies (MSC). Appellation of Commandos Company is prohibited.

Commando 634,
Stationed in SVN near Saigon.
9/15/51, reformed as a Tonkin Type Commando with name Commando 634.
3/54, classed as Choc Commando.
10/10/54, used with parts of 610 & 620 Commando to form 634 Company of Parachute Commandos.
10/16/54, part of 2 Group Commando Forces Land Plateau Center (FTPC) together with 610 & 634 in GAP 3.
Assigned to GAP 3.
11/9/54, former members become part of 7 BPVN.
See: 634 Company of Parachute Commandos.

Commando 704,
1953, Annam,

Commando 711,
1953, attached to BM/22 RIC near Bien Hoa.
1/54 to 9/54, AO = Annam.

Commando 712,
1/52, formed from Commando 12 in the South. Original Plantation Commando C12 was formed in 1949 and attached to the 2nd Squadron/5th RSM.
2/23/51, Formed as Commando 12 with 130 men. AO = Can Khoi in the 700 hectares Rubber Plantation. Operated in Cochin China, & the Khmer Plain of Reeds and Cambodia.
6/6/52, Original Commanding Officer Lt. La Motte completed tour of duty.

Commando 716,
Formed by UMDC. Operated in Ben Tri.

Commando 723,
1953, Annam,

Commando 724,

Commando 726,
10/53 to 10/54, AO = Annam.

Commando 730,
1952 to 1954, Annam & Cochin China.

Commando 744,
6/53, Commando 354 renamed Commando 744.
4/54, Commando 744 renamed CLSM 229.

Commando 752,

Commando 754,

Commando 757,

Commando 762,
1/54 to 7/54, AO = Annam.

Commando 764,
1953, attached to BM/22 RIC near Bien Hoa.

Commando Act 1 REC,
1951, Annam, formed for 1 REC. Operated in Annam.
5/53, Destroyed in fighting with Viet Minh Regular troops.

Commando Annam,
3/12/47, Annam, Commando formed with cadre from BM/110 RI. AO = Quang Tri from Tourane to Hue.
4/48, Annam, Commando disbanded.

Commando B2,
Attached to the 6 RSM.

Commando Bergerol AKA: 10 RAC B2 Group Franc,
8/47, 10 RAC formed a Commando in My Tho to provide security. Composed of three sections, two from local troop’s & third section from III/10 RAC. All under command of Lt. Bergerol. After he was killed in action on 9/12/47 the company sized force was renamed for him.
9/12/47, unit renamed Commando Bergerol after commander who was KIA.
1/15/48, Attached to III/4 RAC, AO = My Tho.
2/1/51, attached to II/11 RIC, AO = My Tho.
1/1/52, attached to III/10 RAC. AO = My Tho.
10/3/53, disbanded. Unit into Coree Regiment where it formed the 7./2 Coree & the 8./2 Coree. The original cadre of gunners were gradually replaced by infantry cadre.

Commando du BM/35 RI,

Commando Cavalry Conti 1 REC,
Operated in Annam. Attached to the 1 REC.

Cho Lon Commando, AKA Group Commandos de Cholon,
1/1/46, Operated in Cochin China & Cambodia.
1/1/48, Renamed Commando de Marine de Cholon,

Commando Cu Lao Re,
Operated in Annam. Attached to the GCMA.

Do Huu Vi Commando,
1948, formed in Annam.
11/49, Part of Commando’s du Sector de Tourane.

Commando Duy Tan,

Commando Hoa Hao,
Operated in Cochin China.

Le Lai Commando,
Cochin China formed by 1 REC.

Le Loi Commando,
1948, formed in Annam. Attached to the 1 REC.
1953, operations with IV/2 REI.

Long Thanh Commando,
Operated in SVN.
7/51 to 8/51, Operation ASPIC near Cape St Jacques against VNPA 300 Battalion VM.

Knights of Tran Ninh Commando,

Commando MyNoi,

Ngo Quem Commando,
1948, formed in Annam.

Commando Nlq Ngulam Quan,
Attached to the Garde Imperiale Vietnamienne in the Plateaux Montagnands

Commando Nguyen Hue,

Quang Trung Commando,
1948, formed in Annam.

Commando Than Dao,

Commando Thang-Tien,

Commando S.O. 5,

Commando S.O. 53,

Commando Vitasse (Bahnar),
Operated in SVN, Central Highlands with the 8 Tabor.
As a company-sized commando of Bahnar tribesmen they provided a degree of off road reconnaissance north of RC 19, but took no active part in the fighting in the Highlands with GM 100.

Cambodian Commandos, (Numbered from 800)

3 Commando Cambodian,

4 Commando Cambodian,

5 Commando Cambodian,

Laotian Commandos,

1 Commando Franco Lao,
Laos, Part of 1 Commando Company Laotian Chasseurs,

2 Commando Chasseurs Laos,

3 Commando Chasseurs Laos,

3 Commando Franco Rhade,

4 Commando Franco Laotian,
1947, Laos, Part of 1 Commando Company Laotian Chasseurs, AO = Muong Sai.
10/1/51, used to form the new 2 company/1 BPL.

5 Commando Franco Laotian,

6 Commando Franco Laotian,
Laos, Part of 1st Commando Company Laotian Chasseurs,
7/49, formed part of 8 BCL.

Company Commandos Choc 620
A note dated 25/10/1951, the organization the Auxiliary Forces of the Ground Forces Far East to Central Vietnam requires that the Auxiliary Units Military (USM) and the Companies Commandos auxiliaries (CCS) take the name of auxiliaries Military Companies (MSC). The name of Commando Company is prohibited. Following designation of a new alternative units, the 12th Company Commandos auxiliaries (12th CCS) based in Tower Cham (Vietnam Southern Zone Center, Nha Trang sector, subsector-Phan Rang) assume the name of the 620th Military Company of auxiliaries (620th CSM). The 620th CSM is administratively attached to BM # 3 of AOF (3rd BM of French West Africa. In central Vietnam, as of 9/15/51, transformation of the 10th Company of auxiliaries Military Land Forces Commandos in EO "type Tonkin ': -7 in North Zone -3 in South Zone, commandos 610, 620, 634. Transformed into commando "type Tonkin", he continues to operate in the area of Nha Trang. It employs five European and 120 auxiliaries (Malay mountain and Jarais). On the monthly figure observation: "Unit has just been created." During this period, it operates on the route of the railway Saigon / Nha-Trang, together with the armored train. This paper contradicts that of 10/25/51 ; The situation of July 1952 is still in the area of Phan Rang, with PC-Cham Tower is located at the intersection of the tracks Saigon/Nha Trang and Tour-Cham/Dalat. In November 1952, the 620th CCS is based in Ninh Hoa, 30 km north of Nha Trang. In April 1953, it is made available to the district Phu long, and in June with the 601st and 621st CSM, she participated in the operation Roussillon. In August, this unit is included under the term Commando 620 still stationed at Ninh Hoa. In October, the commando is under the command of Lt. Tinette of Clermont-Tonnerre (which belongs to the auxiliary forces and the supervision of auxiliaries Military Companies). In March 1954, the Joint Staff and Land Forces (EMIFT) office "Commando Training" asked for clarification to avoid confusion, the name of the Commandos and their category : -normal Commandos Commandos-Shock (the latter operating in the distant rear). The 620th falls under the category of Shock Commandos, with Commandos 610 and 634; In April, the commando, under the command of S/Lt. Cougard (Reserve officer on active (ORSA from Tabors) deplores the death of its leader and the loss of a section. In May 1954, the Lt. FAVRET (ORSA) from the Artillery, who just completed a commando training in Fréjus, took command of the Commando 620. The main mission of the commando is to create insecurity in area of the Vietminh; he took part in all the operations area that is under the authority Vietnamese Armed Forces (FAVN). Lt. FAVRET is the only officer in the French secteur. Il borne commando under French rule and those operating within the territorial authority Vietnamese sector. One of the first operations is to find the remains of Lt. COUGARD to take the body to his family.The unit of attachment was then the 2nd REI. Administration was then simplified with a record of inputs and outputs specifying the reasons for those it. The recruitment was done on the premises of volunteers with no training militaire. Aidé by 2 or 3 S/French officers, the head of the commando organized, recruited and conducting promotions (up to the rank of warrant officer). Many quotes were awarded, rewarding actions of splinters supporters. By October, all commandos of Central Vietnam is attached to the
Administrative center of the commandos of Central Vietnam (Cdt. NOEL). A note says the reorganization of 10/10/1954 Commandos of the Armed Forces in EO (CFAEO). Commandos 610, 620 and 634 to form two companies’ of parachutists. Company 620th Parachute Commando (PAC) from elements 610 and 620 commandos. The CCP 634 from remnants of Commando 610 and 620 as well as employment of commando 634. The note dated October 16 states that the sub group No. 2 Commando Land Forces Central Plateau (FTPC) in Airborne Group (GAP) No. 3 consists of 610, 620 and 634 former commandos. The Lt. FAVRET, last "boss" of the unit said that after a workout at the South Base Airborne (BAPS), the auxiliaries are proud to be broken in this TAP. Final action is about fifty auxiliaries joining the 5th Battalion Paras Vietnamese, the others are sent back to their homes

It was not without risk. The Van Dich, agency tried to infiltrate units of the Vietnamese army, often by sinister pressures on families, was not without action. Thus were murdered, with a portion of their unit. Examples: RUSCONI (cdo 23 ), Vandenberghe (cdo 24 ), and NEDELEC (cdo 35 ).

The primary mission of the commandos was to gather information.
For this ambushes and execute raids into enemy territory, observing movements of units, surprise political meetings, for bold action to cause trouble in the adversary and take prisoners.

General Jean-Louis Delayen, Volunteer to serve in Indochina under the French Expeditionary Corps in the Far East (CEFEO), he landed in Saigon with the RICM - The Colonial Infantry Regiment of Morocco. As intelligence officer in Tonkin, he forms in a few months a commando made up entirely of indigenous and it will get amazing results on the ground. During his second stint from 1949 to 1952, he formed the commando RICM, being only European head of 120 Vietnamese then in 1951 joined the North Vietnam Commandos set up by battalion commander Louis Fourcade at the head of the commando 13 as captain. At the heart of his third tour, he was posted back on his application to North Vietnam Commandos, of first as commander of the group Daimo general reserves, near Dong Ha, a control group of commandos in the unfortunate case of Nam Mau in November 1953 where he gives his best even during tough fights, and then takes Group command commando landings in place of Captain ROBERT at the naval base of Haiphong. quickly operational, it will reorganize its device and heads of commandos particularly competent and dynamic, it gives new impetus to these units that will carry many landings in North Vietnamese area Annam, Thanh Hoa and on the coasts of Tonkin held by the troops of Viet Minh, escorting convoys on the Red River and many rivers of the delta, ensure SURMAR in Bay 'Along the islands and Fat If Long, intervene to rescue stations and even threatened to go to Laos, released Thakhek. During the evacuation of Tonkin, the captain Delayen managed to repatriate a significant portion of its auxiliaries with their families and were integrated in Nha Trang into the 1st Battalion of Marine Infantry of the Vietnamese army, the rest of the other commandos being distributed in the 1st, 3rd and 5th Battalions Parachutists Vietnamese,

Dan Morris

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé